Maria “Mimi” Wry Freymann is an invaluable member of the One to One Wellness Team. Mimi joined One to One Wellness after meeting Smitty in 2005, just as the architectural plans were being finalized for the new building on Redmond Street. Though she had a secure job, Mimi was ready for a fresh start and took a leap of faith.
- She is the youngest of 6 children and her husband, Peter comes from a family of 8.
- Mimi has a competitive spirit! She played varsity sports in high school and intramural sports through college–field hockey, tennis, softball and basketball.
- Mimi has a degree in psychology and she always thought she would go into social work. Mimi loves working with kids. She worked as a counselor at the Van Vleck house for nearly 3 years and coordinated the Big Buddy Program in Jackson for 2 years.
- For 9 1/2 years Mimi worked at Freiss & Associates for the Brandywine Fund as a research assistant in retail companies whose big focus was on health care.
- While working for Freiss & Associates and taking care of her ailing mother, Mimi obtained her Masters in Natural Health and Holistic Nutrition through Clayton College.
Mimi graduated from Bucknell University in 1989 with a degree in psychology and minor in philosophy. After graduating, she took a trip out west with two friends from high school. In late June of that year, she entered Grand Teton National Park and it only took a day for her to wonder over to Jackson Lake Lodge and get a job at the activities desk. Mimi was in heaven. There was some back and forth to the east coast, but Jackson finally won her over completely. And in 2005, her new life began as a nutritionist and personal trainer with One to One Wellness.
The question that keeps Mimi active in the world of wellness is “How can people be proactive with their health?”. After working closely with clients for over eight years now, she knows first-hand that people need a lot of motivation and encouragement to recapture and maintain their health, especially those individuals who want to lose weight and keep it off.
“I strive to be a better listener so that I can help determine what an individual needs and what their body requires. The key to helping people is to support them in their journey of health and wellness. That is what I’m here to do, I’m here to provide each individual that I work with ideas on how to nourish themselves better–how to relieve stress in their life, how to incorporate more sleep into their life, how to increase their intake of real whole foods, and how to incorporate movement into their daily life.”
Certified Cross Fit Level I Trainer (January 2010)
Fun Q&A with Mimi:
Q: What are you passionate about?
A: Good Music. Clean Fresh Air. Laughter & A Good Joke. A Really, Really Great Healthy Meal.
Q: Who inspires you?
A: All of my co-workers. Smitty is in phenomenal shape, especially for his age. Rob is great! He’s a world class athlete and has a lot of experiences underneath his belt. And Brooks provides a young fresh outlook to everything.
Q: What movies do you enjoy?
A: Anything with Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington.
Q: Favorite restaurant of all time?
A: Snake River Grill
Q: What music makes you happy?
A: Really good vocalists and I love a good beat. Paul Pena and Elvis Presley are classics for me.
Q: What is one of your favorite go-to books?
A: The Primal BluePrint by Robb Wolf, bio-chemist and strength/conditioning trainers in California. Wolfe talks about gut health with a lot of focus on auto-immune, the protocol of exercise and also listening to the body in regards to health.
Q: What foods make you feel good?
A: Avocado! A good elk/cow steak and really good salmon.
Q: Why did you choose a path with One to One Wellness over a high-powered career?
A: I have an analytic mind so I did well in the financial world. But I also need to be with people. And at the end of the day, my life is much more enjoyable being around others–being able to help others. As a personal trainer…it’s like social work but on a health level. It’s exactly where I need to be.